Data We Collect About You
We may collect the below information about you (non-exhaustive list).
- Your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone numbers, gender, IP address.
- Details of contact or interactions with us. For example, email, phone, online chat, forms, surveys etc.
- Your password if you register with us.
- Your marketing preferences. For example, if you are opted in to our newsletter.
Legal Basis for Collection and Usage of Your Data
By law we have to inform you of the legal reason(s) for the collection and processing your personal data by us. We use the basis of legitimate interest as it is necessary for us as a company and for our customers and enquirers. Examples of this are:
- The fulfilment of products and services.
- Handling of customer enquiries and communications.
- Promotional and marketing communications.
- Improvements to the business and our customer offering.
How Is Your Data Used by Us?
Your personal data can be using in the following ways and reasons:
- To process an order(s) you place with us.
- To manage your registered account.
- To respond to you if you have contacted us about our products or service.
- To verify your identity. For example, paying for an order or taking an enquiry from you about an order.
- To provide promotions and information about us and our products.
- To improve our products, website and business.
- For internal records and accounting.
In the case of order processing, we will also have to share your personal data with delivery companies and payment services. We may also have to share your data to comply with any legal obligations from government and public services.
Your personal data is not passed to any countries outside of the EEA.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We only keep your data for as long as necessary which will depend on the reason the data was collected initially. If you placed an order with us, we will hold your details for approximately seven years as required by law set by the UK Government.
Security and Protection of Your Personal Data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously and ensure we have the latest technology and procedures in place. Measures include:
- Encryption of data.
- Secure controls of our IT and servers from unauthorised access.
- Update of any security patches for the website.
- Internal policies.
- Card details (sensitive data) are not stored by us but by our payment gateway, SagePay.
Your Data, Your Rights
You have the right to request access to any personal data we hold about you and to request withdrawal of your data held by us as long as this does not infringe on our legal obligations as a company. You also have the right to opt out of any marketing communications we send to you.
For further information on the law of the collection, usage and holding of personal data please visit the ICO website.